Ikkicon IV - 2010

Great opportunities to meet other fans

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ikkicon IV - 2010

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:26 am

I drove down to the Austin Hilton today to pick up my badge for Ikkicon IV. It starts tomorrow and runs through Sunday (Jan. 1st - 3rd). It's the fourth year of the con and it doesn't look like it will be a big one. I live in Austin, TX now so it's a short drive. I'm hoping the dealers room will have some art books to tempt me. There's a panel on Saturday morning about "what we can learn from giant robot anime". I'll have to check that one out.

I took some photos of the area but my camera takes pretty dark pictures indoors. I'm hoping I can get a nicer camera in 2010.

Any of you reading this in Texas? Anyone planning on attending any anime conventions this year?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ikkicon IV - 2010

Post by Tachyon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:28 am

Haven't had time to work with my photos and I'm not feeling too well (cold) but here's a quick report of the first day.

A fun convention. Glad I went. About half the people were wearing costumes of varying degrees of quality. Met a long time Z Gundam fan from Hong Kong. No art books for sale in the dealers room. Looking forward to tomorrow's panel on mecha anime.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.